States’ Economic Development Assistance Program
Agency: Delta Regional Authority
Description: The States’ Economic Development Assistance Program is a competitive grant program designed to support economic development activities by investing in basic public infrastructure, transportation infrastructure, workforce development, small business development and entrepreneurship projects in the 252 counties and parishes of the eight-state Mississippi River Delta Region including parts of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee.
- State and local governments (i.e. state agencies, cities, counties/parishes)
- Non-profit organizations
- Other public bodies
Eligible activities: All projects must address one or more of the following categories:
- Basic public infrastructure
- Transportation infrastructure
- Workforce development
- Business development, with emphasis on entrepreneurship
For a more complete list of eligible and ineligible grant activities, review the guidelines in the 2020 SEDAP Manual (pages 8-18).
Award ceiling (MAX): N/A
Award floor (MIN): N/A
FY 2020 Funding availability: $14,170,000*
*Each participating state is allocated a portion of this funding based on the program’s allocation formula.
|State||Share of Funding||Funding Allocation|
Application cycle: March 2 – June 28, 2020
- Applications are evaluated using a tiered classification—the higher the tier, the more competitive the application. The classifications include:
- Tier 1a – the project application includes a participation agreement for jobs, has a regional impact, and leverages other funds
- Tier 1b – the project application meets the health and safety threshold and is properly documented as such by a state or federal agency
- Tier 2 – all other eligible project applications
- Each year, the Federal Co-Chairman determines his Federal Priority Criteria to assist him with the project selection process.
- Projects are reviewed by the agency then co-selected by the Federal Co-Chairman and the Board of Governors.
- Each of the eight governors appoint a Designee to represent their respective states; Designees play a crucial role in project deliberations with their governors and the Federal Co-Chairman.
More information: Visit HERE
Who can tell me more?
- If you are interested in applying for a States’ Economic Development Assistance Program grant, contact the local development district nearest you.
To apply: Visit HERE